It’s hard to believe that we are in the final stretch of the first semester. This means that students must work hard to understand all that is taught. Some will be transitioning to their home school; others will be working hard to finish all of their work by the end of the year. This is the time of year when there are many distractions, but it is essential that all of us remain focused so that all students succeed.
Students who are transitioning from JIEC will be receiving a letter this week with instructions regarding registering at their zoned schools. Students placed for behavior must complete the conditions placed for them by the hearing officer at their placement meeting. Course recovery students may be transitioning IF they have met the following requirements:
- Earned 3 credits
- Earned a GPA of 2.8 or higher
- Have been attending regularly with no more than 10 unexcused absences
- Have no level 3 or pattern of level 2 (3 or more) referrals during quarter 2
To all of our parents, staff, and students, thank you for your continued support and partnership to help all of our students believe, achieve, and succeed.
Satellite is available for all current and former students! Current sites are:
- JIEC – Monday through Thursday from 3:00 – 4:00
- Pine View Middle School Little House – Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 4:30 – 5:30
- San Antonio Elementary – by appointment; please call
- West Zephyrhills Elementary – Wednesdays and Thursdays 4:30 – 5:30
- Veterans Elementary – by appointment; please call
- Moore-Mickens Education Center – by appointment; please call
Former students must let us know that they will be attending by 2:00 so that we can ensure staffing.